What Personal Information Does Emadri Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the content you and your friends see, and communicating with you about specials, new services and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. Emadri may share your Personal Information when you Interact (“like”, “want”, “wishlist”, “recommend”, “shop” only as described below.
- Followers: People you are “following” can see the time of each of your interactions, name, photo, links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your TheVane account), a list of your friends, comments you write, your newsfeed, items on your wishlist/wantlist, your followers and who you are following. We recommend you guard your sensitive information.
- Agents: We employ third party companies and people to perform Site and Application related tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Information Shared with Everyone: One of the primary reasons people use TheVane is to share content with others. Information such as your name and photo, your hometown, a list of your friends, and the comments you write is shared by default with the TheVane community. This information can be changed.
TheVane service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider TheVane community, or may be published on the TheVane website, or used by Emadri which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Following "follower accounts"
- Connecting to your Facebook or Twitter Accounts
- Searching for Friends
- Inviting others to join TheVane
- Commenting on posts and Posting Comments
- Posting Photos
- Wish listing / Want listing
- Interact. The interactions feature is the service that sums how many communications members and other people who have used the site have Liked, Recommended, or Wishlisted the specific content. “Interactions” is trademarked and by Emadri
- Discover. The Discover feature of the Service gives you recommendations about what people are wearing and what people are doing. These recommendations are based on and include your interactions, your demographic information, your friends interactions, what clothes, places and activities are popular with other users, the day of the week, the time of day, and so on.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of TheVane and others:
- Our Affiliate Partners: We enter into affiliate relationships with a variety of businesses. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through TheVane Site and Applications
- Business Transfers: Emadri may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its, including your Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Emadri, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Emadri’s cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Emadri allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the TheVane website by visiting the user settings page (except usage information, which can be accessed in the "History" tab). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, check-in history)
Links to Other Sites
Our Site and Applications may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an another website by clicking on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us or by editing such profile via the Site and Applications. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
We may make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.